Sunday, September 15, 2013

Zwetschgenknödel ... Plum Dumplings ...


Gathering the ingredients together ...
preparing the potatoes ... adding the flour ... salt ... baking powder and egg ...
mixing to form a soft ball of dough ...

Rolling the dough into a log ...
cutting pieces large enough to hold a plum ...
flattening the dough ... placing the plum ... pinching the edges ... forming a ball
Ended up with 48 plum dumplings ... !!!

Brought a pot full of salted water to a boil ...
adding the dumplings ... cooking for 10 mins ...
in the meantime ...
browning a mixture of butter ... sugar and breadcrumbs ...
 
After the dumplings were finished cooking ...
took them out with a slotted spoon ...
and rolled them in the breadcrumb mixture ...
I only cooked enough to eat and share with a mom ...
and a few friends ...
the rest were frozen and placed in vacuum sealer bags ...
then stored for a later treat ... !!!


3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm good ,thank you Sweetie ! M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could smell how wonderful them smelled from Vancouver...glad you froze some for the cold winter months when they will taste like a little piece of summer heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look so yummy!I will make some for my family.Thanks. I would like you to visit my website.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.