Friday, March 7, 2014

A Close Call …

It was an interesting day … yesterday …
I had plowed all the snow away the day before …
that night it had rained … for hours …
I was to go into town for an appointment …
was a little hesitant … when I saw all the ice …
I called the neighbour next door …
and was told his wife left for work without any problems …
the main road had been grated and heavily sanded …
Well …was not a wise idea to head out …
we have a gentle slope in the driveway for the water to run off …
away from the house …
I backed out of the driveway … slowly … slightly turning …
and 
that was all it took for the car to be sliding down the slope … 
heading for the tree and ditch …
Grateful for the snow bank that was pushed there when I plowed …
Ended up salting and sanding the area … waited for the warm weather to melt it …
along with driving the tractor … scraping and hoping the chains would break it up …
I was able to drive out without any problems …

Upper driveway and parking by the shop …


driveway in front of house … downhill … to the lower part …



My Buick is now parked at the bottom of the hill beside the garage …
on the flatland …
Thankful … I was ok and no damage done to the SUV …


2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, so glad you are ok, what a job you have had to do, hard to believe there is so much ice under all that snow. Hopefully spring will be on it's way to you soon. At least there was no damage done. Will send you lots of warm AZ. sunshine. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- that is a bad driveway , you could have a hockey gam going on --- spring is just around the corner, we hope. M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.