Friday, July 11, 2014

A Faire Day ...

July 5 & 6, 2014
It was a great weekend ...
going to see Dagmar ... at the Kootenay Vintage Faire ...
in Nelson, BC
There were many beautiful and interesting displays ...
I was so pleased to see Dagmar ...
it had been almost a year since I had travelled to Kelowna for a visit ...
I finally had the pleasure of meeting ... in person... her dear friend Cindy ...
The two of them had shared this booth ...
to sell some of their treasures ...

I had looked around at quite a few things of interest ...
and saw this Pancake dispenser ...
I thought it would be perfect for our outdoor grill to make pancakes ...
for the gang ...
I had not noticed these little Corn Skewers until someone had picked them up ...
as there wasn't a price on it ... Dagmar needed to contact Cindy ...
the lady interested in them was going to come back the next day ...
in the meantime ... I had mentioned that I would love to have them ...
apparently the lady did not show up ... so Cindy was so kind to save them for me ...
I also mentioned that I once had a little rolling pin as well ... in conversation ... 
was so delighted when Dagmar sent me the picture of the skewers and the rolling pin ...
from Cindy ...
to be delivered to in August when Dagmar travels east for a visit ...
Thank you both Dagmar and Cindy ... I love them ... !!!

It was an extremely hot ... humid day ...
so while the girls were busy at the Faire ...
I decided to head down to Kootenay Lake ... for a walk by the water ...
dipping in my feet to cool off ...
a beautiful place to relax ...
Dagmar was surprised to see her sister Caroline and her husband ... 
travelling over for a visit ... 
Dagmar and I spent some time with them at their campsite ...

I had the pleasure of staying with Dagmar ...
at Cindy's little cabin and Cabana on the lake ...
we sat out on the deck in the early morning ...
with our coffees ... enjoying the quietness and the beautiful view ... 

After our breakfast and visit ...
it was time to head home ...
I decided to take the Balfour Ferry across the lake ... instead of the Kootenay Pass again ...
as I drove ahead to the line-up at the Ferry terminal ...
I was surprised to see Caroline and Larry ...
parked right in front of me ...
we had a great visit ... enjoying a cup of coffee and fresh Cinnamon Buns ...
before we were off ...
sailing across the beautiful lake ...

I had an awesome weekend ... !!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures , glad you had a great time . M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your blog and seeing the Faire thru your eyes. You took so many wonderful photos, when your life settles back down again I would love to have a copy! I am sure glad you came over to spend the weeknd with me. I have surely missed you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.