Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bring In The Ladybugs ...

Aug. 5, 2014
We have had an issue with aphids on our one apple tree ...
I went to the Garden supply store ... 
and they suggested to spray the trees ...
I had done some research and apparently ladybugs love eating the aphids ...
this store just happened to sell ladybugs ...
Purchasing the ladybugs ... heading home ... waiting until dusk ... following the directions ...
Mike and I released them onto the trees ... and on the tomato plants ...
spreading them around to take care of these little pests ...
WELL ...
we checked our trees first thing in the morning ...
and I only saw a couple ladybugs ... all the other ones had disappeared ... 
Guess they found somewhere else to go with a greater infestation ...
Just have to resort back to the other natural remedies to get rid of the aphids ...

Grateful other parts of the garden are doing really well ...


2 comments:

  1. To bad , maybe they will be back later on . M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the ladybugs are just hiding from the rain . Was a need idea anyways ! M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.