Wednesday, April 20, 2016

So Much Accomplished ...

April 6, 2016
We left for a whirlwind trip to Calgary and back on the 5th ...
We spent the day taking out the old washer and dryer ...
took it to the neighbours as they bought them for their son ...
Mike then installed the new washer and dryer ...
which took him longer than he thought it would ... but well worth it ...
I love them ... !!! What a difference from the old standards ...
We had also gotten a new freezer as the old one with lots of food in it ...
had stopped working ...
 
April 7, 2016
It was another busy day ...
my garden was on the agenda today ...
getting the raised beds topped up with ...
horse manure ... vermiculite and peat moss mix ...
Shovelling a wheel barrow full into each of the beds ...
then tilling it in with my little cultivator ...
I was thrill when Mike made this watering system for my potato boxes ...
a piece of rebar ... with a soaker hose attached ...
placing it in the centre of the box ...
to keep the soil moistened ...
 
I had filled the first part of the potato boxes with the mix of soil ...
then planted Caribe potatoes in one of the boxes ...
(which are an early season variety)
and Russet potatoes ...
(fall harvest potatoes)
in the other ...


I also planted my Walla Walla onions ... !!!

It's hard to believe that I am able to work in the garden ...
this early in the season ...

 

2 comments:

  1. My oh my you too get a lot done in a day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness Mike is now retired so you have such a handy helper! I am sure your new appliance will be wonderful! Such a happy post.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.