Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dishcloths & Afghans ....

Knitting & Crocheting
These are just a few of the dishcloths I have made over the years ...the old standard knitted cloths and then trying new patterns ... mastering the Feather and Fan Dishcloth ... these make wonderful gifts ...usually wrap a ribbon around them to make bows and then tuck items into them, such as kitchen utensils... baby items ... flowers ... etc.

  This afghan is made on a 21" Double Ended Crochet Hook ... a neighbour taught me how to use this hook ... I purchased a hook from her as they are not available in stores ... or at least was never able to to find one ... they were special made by a friend ... the hook I now use was handmade by my father ... the afghans can be made in any size ... have made baby afghans, lounge chair, and up to bed size afghans ... most of my creations have been gifts for family and friends ...

Special note:
My girlfriend Dagmar did not know that I knitted or crocheted to this extent ...
I sent her a few dishcloths many years ago and just found out that she thought I had purchased them ... she has been on my case to post some of my work ... and yes ... Dagmar yours is at the house ...  boxed up ready to be delivered when you arrive back from Arizona ...

1 comment:

  1. Wow..love this post..you are another of my very crafty friends and now I know and will retain the knowledge of your craftiness..Love the afghan and how special that hook must be for you!.
    ox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.