Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Finally A Sunny Day ...

June 23 & 24, 2013

The grandchildren were anxious to go swimming ...
I hadn't started the boiler yet ... to warm it up ...
it had been raining for too many days ...
they were determined to go in anyway ...
The pools temperature this day was 62 degrees F (16 degrees C)
Even Nixon wanted to test the water ...
I held him on the edge and let him dangle his feet  in the water ...
He was not happy when I took him out ...

This was the first tent we made ... on the back deck ... for the little ones to escape the sun ...

This was the second tent we made on the main deck ...
it was larger and had windows ...
enjoyed playing with the car  ...
and Ella was taking food orders ...
preparing them in her kitchen ...
I had to pretend that I would never be full ...
and she would continue to serve me whatever I wanted ...
I had some really delicious meals made for me ...

Hanging out on the stairs ...
checking out what Ella was watching on the iPad ...
Then Ella & Nixon were playing
 making music ...
drumming on the bucket ...
Ella using lego sticks and Nixon tapping with his hands ...
Musicians in the making ... !!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful memories are being made ,what fun ! M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for that deck being ready in time for serious summertime tenting! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.