Friday, January 17, 2014

Blown Down …


This barn has been in the community for a long time … around 100 years …
built by the Rothwell family …
this photo was taken in September 2001 …

A beautiful old building …

Today … when I drove by … I was shocked to see that it had collapsed …
we have had some extreme strong winds blowing … the past few weeks …
last Friday … was the worst …
and this old barn could no longer stand against the forces …

Many fond memories …
being around this barn and the lake … 


2 comments:

  1. Sad to see that it collapsed. I remember that barn growing up in Bull River. We used to go visit the Rothwells.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel so sad , it was like an old friend , I loved that old barn. M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.