Monday, September 28, 2015

Fresh Produce ...

September 20, 2015
After the pictures were taken of my bouquet ...
the parsley was washed ...
and placed in the dehydrator ...
Ten hours later ... the parsley was dried ...
The next step was to remove the parsley from the stems ...
then putting them into glass sealer jars ...
to use when fresh parsley is not available ...
Our neighbour Bonnie ...
has a beautiful bountiful garden ...
she is always sharing her produce as well ...
Today I was given some fresh leeks ...
decided to make Potato Leek soup ...
using my garlic, onion and potatoes ...
This soup makes a hardy meal ...
especially when served with fresh bread ...
It sure was thick and creamy ...
stick to your ribs ... delicious ... !!!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are making all these wonderful meals from your garden and use the dehydrator. It will be so useful in your hands.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I made leek and potato soup --- it was so good !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.