Thursday, October 1, 2015

More Pickings ...

September 29, 2015
It was a beautiful day to work down in the garden ...
digging up the last of the potatoes ... letting them dry in the sunshine ...
The last of the onions were brought in ...
from drying out in the woodshed ...
Next it was time to do battle with the horseradish ...
with the potatoes harvested ...
it gave me lots of room to dig them up ...
I must say ... it was a tough battle ... they had grown right thru the mesh ...
and down into the rocks ...
I was delighted with the produce that was picked ...
at the end of September ...
Still have kale, swiss chard, spinach, parsley, squash,
turnips, beets and eggplants left to harvest ...
in the next few days ...

 

 

2 comments:

  1. With this beautiful weather you will be harvesting well into October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at the produce that your garden has produced....that horse radish is a very aggressive plant..tasty but hard to get rid of..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.