Sunday, January 31, 2016

More Snow ...

January 20, 2016

Mike and I had cleared all the snow the day before ...

it started to snow that evening ...

and when we awoke the next morning ... another 6-7 inches of snow had fallen ...

Here we go again ... we're sure getting our exercise these last few days ...

It had also warmed up a bit and now the snow was sliding down off the roof ...

I was sitting by the window sipping on my coffee ...

watching a little Nuthatch gathering seeds ...

It took me a few hours to shovel off the deck ...
I toss it over the railings onto the driveway below ... so that Mike it plow it away ...
I couldn't believe how much snow there was ...
the stairs were pretty well buried ...
My job was finally completed ... so I decided to take a few pictures ...
for my photography course ...
I was learning so much about my cameras and the different settings to use ...
Mike was busy now clearing the snow away ...
After I had taken some pictures ... I knocked down the snow hanging over ...
on this part of the deck ...
and shovelled it over the railings again ...
 
January 22 & 23, 2016
I took two pictures on the 22nd ... of the back and front deck ...
with snow that had fallen off the roof ... around 6:00 pm ...
I decided not to work that evening ... I would clear the snow in the morning ...
Mike had gone into town on the 23rd ...
I went out to shovel the snow off the decks ... it didn't take me too long with this little bit ...
I had just gone inside to make myself some lunch ... and relax ...
then around 2:30 ... I heard a loud noise ... and like a crack of icing breaking ...
down came the last slab of snow from the top of the roof ...
down onto the front deck...
and the weight and pressure from the snow ... blew out three panes of glass from the railings ...
one of them slid down the snow onto the driveway ...
and the one closest to the stairs was just hanging there ...
the other one just had a corner that popped out ...
As I heard the snow sliding down ... I prayed that it wouldn't break the glass panels ...
and thank goodness it didn't ...
I waited until Mike came home ... to help with the glass panels...
he was able to tap it back into place ...
Mike took the other two glass panels up to the shop to store them ...
we will replace them in the spring ...
Our plan was to have snow brakes put on the metal roof ...
but the snow came early last year ... plus there were no roofers to do the job ...
Installing snow brakes are definitely on the top of our to-do list this year ...
to prevent this from happening again in the years to come

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... That is a lot of snow ..... You will need an other vacation after clearing all this away . Great photos !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that's a lot of snow and the damage it could of done. I can imagine that those snow brakes will be on the top of your list to do in the spring. Glad it's your snow and not ours! know you love playing out in it..you go girl! ;)
    Xo
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos by the way, love the one with the icicle...glad you enjoyed your course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.