Monday, August 8, 2016

Travelling Back To Canada ...

May 31, 2016

We woke up to an overcast day ...
there was going to be a chance of rain for our journey to Munich, Germany ...
as we travelled ... our minds were taking in the last sights ...
before turning into the airport ...
The rain begun to fall ...
we had checked in and were ready for our flights ...
we had planned to go for a quick bite to eat ... but decided that we would not have enough time ...
So Klaus, Resi and Tante Pauli stayed to make sure we would be picked up ...
and taken to our gate ...
We had requested assistance for Oma and myself ...
We were all waiting for someone to come along to pick us up ...
finally a transporter arrived and we were told this was only for Oma ...
and another one would come and pick Mike and I up ...
We waited for an hour ... it was getting closer to our boarding time ...
we had been up to the wicked a number of times ... to tell them we were still waiting ...
Now I was getting worried and I knew Oma was going to be beside herself that we were separated ...
She had told the them at the gate waiting area that she would not get on the flight without us ...
she was causing quite a scene ...
We finally had someone helps us out ... the manager of customer service took us personally ... to the other side of the airport ... because we only had 15 mins before our flight was loading ...
I was in a wheelchair because of my broken foot I was not able to walk that distance ...
we went thru security within a couple minutes ...
and it wasn't long before we reached our gate ...
Grateful to have been united with Oma again ... !!!!
We then boarded the plane and we had taken flight ...
looking thru the window I captured a few pictures of the land below ...
We settled down ... trying to pass the time away with watching the TV ...
reading and playing on our iPads ... as well as catching a few winks ...
I was amazed at the sight ... flying over Greenland ... totally white with ice and snow ...
We had travelled about halfway now ... getting closer to home ...
I was excited to see the mountains by Vancouver ...
we had a great landing ... made it to our next gate ... and boarded onto our next flight for home ...
It sure was nice to land in Cranbrook ...
Burk was at the airport to pick us up ... we made our way to Oma's ...
and then Mike & I drove home ...
It was another adventurous day ... !!!
 
Home ... Sweet ... Home ...
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's drama that you didn't need, strange that they won't pick you up as well at the same time with a broken foot...thankfully you got there, what stress...I bet you were happy to see your home at last! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a nice finish to our wonderful vacation... It was good to get home , but I miss everybody already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.