Sunday, August 20, 2017

Working in the Shop ...

April 18, 2017

The icepack cover that Ella finished knitting ... was for my knee ... I had knee surgery April 11th ... Ella was my lttle nurse maid ... and she took care of me ...

 
Ella went into the shop and approached Grandpa ...
She figured I needed a cane to use outside ...
Grandpa helped her gather the supplies needed ...
he also guided her on the construction of the cane ...
A padded handle and a cane cap was put on ...
then the finishing touches of painting it white ...
I was delighted to have this cane made especially for me ...
It worked really well for outside ...
I could keep my inside cane clean ...
Thank you Miss Ella ... I luv it ... !!!
 
Craig took a selfie showing his fat lip ...
after he wipedout on the BMX track last week ...
He is doing much better now ...
He was happy working on an old ary tank model in the shop ...
James was busy outside getting the little quad running ...
Ella gave Grandpa a hand with sanding ...
the new stand that Grandpa made for the FM radio ...
Once she was finished with the sanding ... 
she came in the house to check on me ...
and help with making icing for the chocolate cake ...
Of course having a taste from the spatula before adding sprinkles on the cake ...
The gang went out to inspect the new track that James had built ...
taking his R/C out to test drive it ...
It'll need a little adjustment on some of the curves ...
Some elbow grease and time will make it better ...
Grandpa gave Ella a hand to make sure her dirt bike was ok ...
(I think Grandpa might be a little too big ... yikes ...!!!)
She was ready to go ... and so was James ...
They were headed down to the neighbours for a visit ... 
and see how long Grandpa was going to be working on the trench ...
It was nice to see Tag and Travis again ...
The kids enjoyed visiting and the treats that Bonnie had given them ...
After a short visit ... we made our way home ... for a nice relaxing evening ...
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking care of grandma, you are a good nurse and the cake looks delicious !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.