Thursday, August 11, 2011

A "Pea" Day ...

A Bucketful of Fresh Peas 

A bucketful of fresh peas were delivered to my door ...
Bonnie our neighbour loves to garden ...
and a bountiful vegetable garden it is ...
plenty for her to share with a few of us who will take extra vegetables ...




The colander almost full ...
I did keep a few pea pods ...
for Craig, James and Ella to shell ...

Empty pea pods for the compost ...

Ready for packaging ...
decided to freeze them in vacuum sealer bags ...
quick and easy ...
pictured here with fresh blueberry muffins ...
baked fresh this morning ...
while the kitchen was still cool ...



2 comments:

  1. What a good neighbor..I bet the trade is mutual and your baking goes her way...I know your kidlets will love eating and shelling some of those peas..thoughtful of you to save some for them...Have a great time with them this week!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh peas and the muffins looks yummy.
    Have a great day.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.