Wednesday, August 17, 2011

When It Rains ...

Crafting Begins
We had a day of rain yesterday ...
I thought it would be the perfect day to show the grandkids ...
how to make the Friendship Bracelets ...
I had all the yarn pre-cut ...
gave them the instructions ...
and there was no stopping them now ...
they love it ...
they even took it into the vehicle when we went to see the Smurf movie in Fernie ...
Up bright and early this morning ...
the boys started on the Friendship bracelets before breakfast ...
they could hardly wait to show Dagmar on Skype ...
just how many they had already made ...
Then they wanted to make their own personalized discs ...
took them awhile to find the pictures from old wallpaper books ...
so many different ones to choose from ...
Paper ... scissors ... glue ... and cardboard discs ...
busy ... busy ... working away ...
marking the partitions with a marker ...
ready to finish ...
I decided to laminate them instead of using parcel tape ...
it did make them stronger ...
Craig with the loader ...
James had the race car ...
and Ella chose a butterfly ...
they were excited to grab some yarn and get started ...
with making more ...

I was pre-occupied with cutting more strands of coloured yarn ...
the kids went downstairs to play ...
when I was looking for the ball of black yarn ...
asked the kids if they saw where it went ...
all I could here was laughter and giggling ...
they told me to come down ... and boy ... was I surprised ...
a fine web they wove ...
from one end of the basement to the other ...
it was their trap ...
they were having so much fun ...
I just asked them where one of the ends were ...
so I could cut a few strands ...
I wasn't going to worry about gathering it all up just yet ...
hopefully they will help  ...
It may take me a day or so to work out all the knots .... !!!

and this was just the morning ... !!!!
(crazy ... but ... I love every moment of it ...)



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to be part of your life.....that your GK's love to show me what you made on Skype! Oh what fun they are having with you and all that you do with them! You are one amazing Grandma...you should take them for a drive over to see Caroline and all the birdhouses!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.