Thursday, September 27, 2012

Canning Season ...

 
Today I decided to do some canning ...
peaches were ripe and ready ...
so I gathered all the essential equipment ...
and spent my morning in the kitchen ...
then I received a call from our neighbour ...
wondering if I would like some vegetables ...
from her garden ...
and this is what showed up at my door ...
Oh My Goodness ...
I really have my work cut out for me now ...

 
Tomatoes ... onions ... garlic ... parsley ... cabbages ...
hot peppers and a box full of tomatillos ...
I continued canning my peaches ...
and then figured since I had everything out ...
I would can a few jars of tomatoes ...
have a some for sandwiches and salads ...
then with rest I will make some salsa ...
and the Tomatillo Salsa again too ...

 
Fruits of my labour ...
21 jars of peaches and 7 jars of tomatoes ...
only the beginning of stocking the cold room ...
to enjoy a taste of summer ...
during the long cold winter months ...


2 comments:

  1. I have no idea were you came from----but thank goodness for little girls---- M

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul..lots of work, but so worth it to have all that lovely canned food all winter long ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.