Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oma's Recipe ...

 
Boiled potatoes and prune plums in the fridge ...
perfect ... just what I have been craving ...

Zwetschgenknödel ... (Plum Dumplings) ...

 
Grated the potatoes in the food processor ...
added an egg ... salt ... and baking powder ... flour ...
mixed it up to form the dough ...

 
Rolled the  dough in the form of a log ...
cut sections ... flattened to a disc ...
placed a plum in the centre ...
folded over the dough over ...
pinched the edges ... and rolled into a ball ...

 
Placed them in a pot of boiling water ...
cooked them about 8 min ...
in the meantime ... mixed together breadcrumbs ... sugar ... melted butter ...
browned the mixture in the oven ...
to give it a golden colour ...
removed the cooked dumplings and rolled in the breadcrumb mixture ...

Oh ... my mouth was watering ... couldn't wait to taste them ...
not sure if it was break time or lunch time ...
didn't matter ...
a cup of coffee and a few ... Zwetschgenknodel ...
was exactly what I needed today ... 
Yummy ... !!!

(oh yes  ... and boys ... I will make you some the next time I see you ... )
I'm thinking these ones are going to disappear rather quickly ... !!


3 comments:

  1. Yummm I don't even want to show Ian because he might cry a little.lol!love K

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of those and a cup of tea sounds just about right❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are showing them to me again!!! R.K, M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.