Sunday, May 26, 2013

All Nails Pulled ....


Oh happy day for me ...
last nail be gone ... !!!!

While I worked on removing the nails ...
Mike continued to replace the boards ...
stairs set aside to complete the end board ...
not sure if these stairs will be put back ...
 
I was so delighted to have talked to Ian today ...
he informed me that we should go rent a deck screw gun ...
Mike had to go into town to buy more lumber and screws ...
either for us to use with the drills ...
or 
screws cartridges for the screw gun ...
there are 50 screws to a strip ...
this project will take roughly 1700 screws ... oh my ... !!!
There definitely is a technique needed to use the gun ...
I found I wasn't tall enough to get the strength to push down on the handle ...
only a few screws were messed up ...
before I figured out a technique ...
tippy toes helped ...
Mike figures I should wear high-heeled shoes ...
and Ian said that Mike should ...
cut a couple pieces off a 4x4 post ...
and strap them to my feet ...
to gain the height needed ...
Real funny guys ... !!!!


4 comments:

  1. What a huge job! I can just imagine how tired you are at the end of each day..Soon all your large projects will be over! I hope the sun shines for you all week so you can complete your work! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are not worth your weight in gold ,don't know who is --- M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah , enough with the short jokes allready. She's not short (chuckle) , she's just verticaly challendged and she's a hell of a Baker. Makes up for a lot.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh , that was me Christa . Vern. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.