Monday, May 13, 2013

And So It Continues ... Work ...


I was frustrated with walking on the side hill on a portion of the garden ...
started to pick away at the dirt and rake it to the other side ...
trying to get a little bit of a level spot ...
realized that there was just too much dirt ...
and it would eventually erode away ...

So I hopped on the tractor ...
and picked up a load of bricks that we have had stored for years ...
and started to make a small retaining wall to hold the dirt ...
stales in place  ... have my line ...
digging and levelling the bricks ...
was an all day job ... sitting down for my breaks ... gazing at the mountains ...
still have some work to do ... rebar is in order to secure it ...

While I was working at the garden ...
Mike started tearing down the old log railings on the deck ...
it was a big job ... and messy ... with the rotted wood ...
just to get the front of the house done ...
It will be so nice to have new ... no maintenance railings in place ...
as well as new vinyl covering on the deck ...

It will be a happy day ...
 when all our big jobs are completed for this spring ... !!!


3 comments:

  1. Great idea putting in those retaining walls, as you have said many many times to me in the last few weeks, you want to do it once and get it done right..great job..looking forward to seeing the photos of the deck finished as well..what a great job you and Mike are both doing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't look around for any new jobs for a while please------ I need a brake and I am sure could could do with one also. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we gona have to come and visit this Summer Christa , to see all you're Acomplishments. Be nice to see you and Mike and of course Ida.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.