Monday, September 22, 2014

A Harvest & Work Day ...

September 20, 2014
A beautiful day to spend it in the garden ...
digging up the potatoes and pulling up the beets ...
Still waiting a few more days before picking the tomatoes ...
letting them ripen on the vine ...

Sprawled the potatoes on the ground to dry ...
ended up with close to 30 lbs ... not bad for my little patch ...
the neighbours dog ... Kita usually visits me in the garden ...
as I was picking up the potatoes and brushing them off ...
she decided to play with them  ... I stopped her from gnawing at them ...
The beets will be pickled in the morning ... !!!

We have been getting a lot of end of summer jobs done ...
Covering up the travel trailer ... storing the chassis of the VW ...
and closing down the pool ...
This spider was not happy when I started to drain the water at the pool ...
it was frantically making a web ...

It was a very good productive day ... !!!!


2 comments:

  1. Amazing amount of produce, you have done a marvelous job in your garden. Another beautiful sunrise here, good that those tomatoes have a few more hot days on the vine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one busy day ! M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.