Thursday, November 23, 2017

A New Light ...

May 29, 2017

Today we were going to install a new solar light for dads special place ...
I went into town to bring mom out here for the afternoon ... it was dads day of birth ...
On my way to town ... I was brought to a stop...
when a gaggle of geese were crossing the dirt road ...
We decided to take the quads up to dads ...
This was the first time mom has gone for a ride on my quad ...
She was surprised how comfy it really was ... 
Once we arrived up the road ... we stopped and hiked up to the top of the mountainside ...
Mike proceeded to install the new light ... we decided to get a flat solar light ... 
as the animals kept knocking done the other one ...
We loved the new light ... a glimmer of light that can be seen from down below ... 
When we were finished with the light installation ... and made our way back home ...
Mike fired up the BBQ ... to grill up some burgers ...
It was a beautiful day to enjoy our meal out on the deck ...
of hamburgers loaded with all the fixings and a bean salad ...
The best part for me ... was the fresh Rhubarb pie for dessert ... 
looks like Oma was happy to sink her teeth into it as well ...
We spent a lovely afternoon together ... !!!
 
After our dinner ... I drove mom back into town ...
It was wonderful to spend this special time together ...
On my way back home ... making my way up our road ... 
I spotted a turtle on the side of the ditch ...
I stopped the car and took a few pictures ... 
and continued to watch as it made its way into the grass ...
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.